Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Joy


She's my beautiful snow baby♡ My wish is to be able to enjoy life as carefree and happy as her.




A recent snowstorm left us with a tree on top of our house and without power for a week. The tree that fell was the one outside of my window - I've loved it ever since we moved here. Every day I would look out my window and imagine climbing its thick twisted branches. There was a perfect nook to sit and read a book, and I would imagine ways on how I might hoist Ladybug up with me.

There were two squirrels that resided in the tree, I named them Rocky and Johnny. I wonder where they live now.

I was lying in my bed the morning that it fell. I could feel the entire earth shake beneath me - for a moment I thought that the world might swallow me whole. Luckily no one was hurt, except for the house... The garage needs a new roof. The tree falling was disastrous, but it could've been worse.. Somehow it can always be worse. And somehow there's always a lighter side to everything.

Grace enjoyed her first snow at only 3 months old. She took to it like she was born for it. Romping and playing, crashing into snowdrifts. She knew of nothing but that very moment that she enjoyed, the exhilaration... The happiness. And she lived for that moment.

She was free.

No comments:

Post a Comment